Search This Blog

Monday, September 12, 2011

White with One Challenge!

Tonight our very first challenge winds up - so if you've got an entry, make sure you email it through, or post it to our facebook wall! 
My offering for the challenge was a whole lot of fun. 
I procrastinated, and put off starting until this morning, when I decided that I'd better get it done!!!
I didn't have much in the way of purples in my stash, but I did have a scrap of Echo Park paper from the Playground collection.  I also had a border sticker that fit nicely with the colour scheme, so kept that out too.  I found it easier to just pull out everything I had that's purple, and then just pick and choose from there. 
The paper I had was too small to have much impact on its own, so I punched out 16 x 2" circles, and arranged them in a grid pattern.
The next thing I did was decide where to position my large title letters, and then stamped the "You are never too old to..." bit.  I just LOVE the clear alphabet stamps that Kaisercraft has, they're so easy to use, and so versatile. Because I'm terribly impatient, and didn't feel like waiting for paint to dry, I inked the chipboard letters with purple ink, and then covered them with a layer of purple perfect pearls (by Ranger).  They add a shimmery iridescence that is just gorgeous, but not overwhelming or overly "blingy".   I covered all that with a thick layer of glossy accents, to really make the title POP.  I love Glossy Accents, because it always makes alphas look heaps more expensive :)  (ok... i'm the last of the tightwad scrappers - I like the big bucks look, without spending a motza myself!)
I matted the photos onto some white cardstock, and inked the edges so that it'd stand out a bit more.  I mounted these up on foam tape for dimension. 
I wrapped Twinery Twine (another favourite of mine!) around the border sticker, and tied a neat little bow in the centre.  All the buttons got a little piece of twine tied through their holes too, just to finish them a little more. 
To finish the layout , a scattering of buttons and flowers, as well as the most important bit of all - a little bit of journaling.  Mine reads "Lisa & I at the park.  Photo taken by Grace (age 4) 12/11/11".
I can't wait to sit down and check out all of your layouts!!! 
Happy Scrappin'
Rita

No comments: