Search This Blog

Monday, September 5, 2011

Wet & Wild layout

I had a bit of a play tonight with some of the papers from Echo Park's "Splash" collection. There's just something about the bright and fun colours that make me feel happy all over! 
The "Sunshine" paper caught my eye, and I thought it'd be perfect for these fun photos that I took of my Gracie the other day. 
This is a very simple layout - when I'm using a busy base paper, I like to keep my layout fresh, clean and very uncluttered. I used "Sunshine" as the base, the fun in the sun strip across the bottom was from "Borders".  I used the reverse of this to mat my photos onto, and for the title block and journal cards, I used two cards from the "Journaling" sheet.  I inked the edge of each piece with a fine edging of dark blue ink, just to add a slight feeling of depth.  The title block is lifted up from the page on foam squares.  I think I'll add some glossy accents to the title to make it stand out a little more, as well as the cute little crab :).   
And I still have enough scraps left over to piece together another layout... which you'll see tomorrow! :)

2 comments:

Ondine Lawrence said...

Love this one! It's just my style! :)

Lisa said...

Oooooh, I love this paper! This looks great!!!