Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Brand New Challenge!

Hi Everyone! Sorry I'm running a little bit behind tonight! This challenge will be a double pronged one! First of all, you only have about 24 hours to complete the challenge... Secondly, the main part of the challenge is to complete a layout using at least five different techniques! These could be inking, staining, scrunching, tearing, embossing, stamping, bleaching, distressing, painting, die cutting, layering.... The list goes on! Submit your layouts by emailing them to before bedtime tomorrow! Well... What are you waiting for???

Monday, April 23, 2012

My Very Own Butch

This layout is from our Mt Isa based Design Team Member, Veronica!
Please make her feel welcome on our little blog! 

(click on images for a bigger view!)
I’ve used Bo Bunny papers for this layout – Double Dot - Dark Denim Vintage and Weekend Market- Stripe. I’ve also used Weekend Market Noteworthy die cuts – there’s quite a range of different sizes and shapes in this pack. The Weekend Market range also has a page of cut outs some of which I used on this layout.
I started by fussy cutting the floral composition on the reverse of the Stripe paper. I then trimmed strips of approximately 3 cm to lay right across the two pages. Each of these I edged with a couple of different border punches before layering them on the pages. I placed the first 4 photos and the photo sized die cut on pages before adding the last layer. The fussy cut floral composition was positioned over the top of my photos.
 I used a pack of Dusty Attic mini cogs. These I inked with Distress Stains – a mixture of aged mahogany, spiced marmalade and chipped sapphire. They were scattered in among buttons and flowers from my stash throughout the layout. A paper doily was spritzed with a mixture of blue, rust and golden. I tore it and added it to the layout under the title die cut piece and the flowers.
The title is made from another die cut and Idea-ology alpha cards. I’m so impressed with these little guys! They are just like little playing cards on the back, but domino format on the front with same letter/number on top and bottom of the domino format. I gave them a light sand then added a little ink to soften the whiteness of the card.
The feature photo and title are attached with foam mounting tape to further highlight them from the rest of the page.
The bunting I made using good old multi purpose kitchen twine and Idea-ology tissue tape (Commute). I saw this idea in a scrapbooking magazine. You simply wrap the tape around the twine making sure the edges meet neatly then trim into a triangular shape if you wish. 
So quick and easy, although I had to make mine twice – tissue tape bunting on twine makes an enticing cat toy! By the time my cat had finished playing the bunting was beyond distressed! 

Thanks Veronica, and extra special thanks to Sidewinder for the extra input! :)

Friday, April 20, 2012

Travel Layouts

Pieta, (our travel bug) did these fantastic simple layouts using Simple Stories - Destinations collections.  Simple, quick layouts are what we all need once in a while - a great photo, great papers, and some meaningful journaling to tell the story.
 Double matting photos is a great way to add a little more depth to a layout , and is so simple to do!
P.S.  Nice shoes Pieta :P

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Tropical Travelogue Filmstrip Frame

Our very talented Design team member AnnMarie did this fantastic project featuring the Graphic 45 Tropical Travelogue collection. 
Well firstly I have to show the goodies I received in the mail to complete my first design team project.
I had an idea of what I was going to do as soon as I saw it.
I have a fair bit of paper left over so I am going to do a couple of layouts with it.
So the first job was to cover the frame and trim and smooth up the edges and then I painted all the edges black.

Next I embossed the chippie. The one I have used here is from Dusty Attic from out of my stash. I also embossed a Kaisercraft wood flourish vine the same way. The embossing powder I used is called Moon Glow. It’s a 2 toned powder but I used 2 different colours ( Midnight Pewter/Obsidian & Reindeer Moss/Green) to get the effect that I wanted.

This is a close up to show the effect.

The finished project.
 Thanks AnnMarie! And if you'd like to see more of Annmarie's work, pop on over to her blog -