Search This Blog

Monday, April 23, 2012

My Very Own Butch

This layout is from our Mt Isa based Design Team Member, Veronica!
Please make her feel welcome on our little blog! 

(click on images for a bigger view!)
I’ve used Bo Bunny papers for this layout – Double Dot - Dark Denim Vintage and Weekend Market- Stripe. I’ve also used Weekend Market Noteworthy die cuts – there’s quite a range of different sizes and shapes in this pack. The Weekend Market range also has a page of cut outs some of which I used on this layout.
I started by fussy cutting the floral composition on the reverse of the Stripe paper. I then trimmed strips of approximately 3 cm to lay right across the two pages. Each of these I edged with a couple of different border punches before layering them on the pages. I placed the first 4 photos and the photo sized die cut on pages before adding the last layer. The fussy cut floral composition was positioned over the top of my photos.
 I used a pack of Dusty Attic mini cogs. These I inked with Distress Stains – a mixture of aged mahogany, spiced marmalade and chipped sapphire. They were scattered in among buttons and flowers from my stash throughout the layout. A paper doily was spritzed with a mixture of blue, rust and golden. I tore it and added it to the layout under the title die cut piece and the flowers.
The title is made from another die cut and Idea-ology alpha cards. I’m so impressed with these little guys! They are just like little playing cards on the back, but domino format on the front with same letter/number on top and bottom of the domino format. I gave them a light sand then added a little ink to soften the whiteness of the card.
The feature photo and title are attached with foam mounting tape to further highlight them from the rest of the page.
The bunting I made using good old multi purpose kitchen twine and Idea-ology tissue tape (Commute). I saw this idea in a scrapbooking magazine. You simply wrap the tape around the twine making sure the edges meet neatly then trim into a triangular shape if you wish. 
 
So quick and easy, although I had to make mine twice – tissue tape bunting on twine makes an enticing cat toy! By the time my cat had finished playing the bunting was beyond distressed! 

Thanks Veronica, and extra special thanks to Sidewinder for the extra input! :)

2 comments:

AnnMarie said...

What a fantastic masculine double layout
I am always needing inspiration to do masculine pages...this is great...well done

Shazzacatzz said...

Very clever title! - "Raindrops keep falling on my head" is echoing in my brain as I type.
Love the layout Veronica!