Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Gift Wrapping with a twist!

It's that time of year again... Christmas is all through the shops, and the organised part of me desperately wants to rush out and buy Christmas presents for all the lucky people on my gift list.  However, having two little ones means that short of conjuring up some impermeable hiding place for presents, I have to wrap them as soon as I buy them! 
I think half of giving a gift is in the presentation of it.  There's something about carefully wrapping a present, and tying some pretty ribbon around it that just makes it that little bit more special and exciting. 
Enter the Twinery's colourful baker's twine! 
I really love this product, it's just so versatile, and cheap to boot.  You can pick up 5 metres of it for $1 in our store.  ONE DOLLAR! and use it for loads of different projects - gift wrapping is only the tip of the iceberg!
The Twinery's blog (here) has incredible ideas for getting the most out of your twine. 
Anyways, back to my gift wrapping experience!
I decided to wrap these gifts in a very simple paper (I was hoping to use brown paper, but I couldn't find any yesterday!), and then finished them with a little bit of twine.  The green and red twisted together looks so Christmassy, but I also really love the turquoise - As my husband is a "shaker", I added two little bells to the twine bow tails to throw off his guessing :). 
I created the tag using an Imaginisce stamp (they'll be on the online store very soon!), which I coloured in and raised parts of the image up on foam squares.  I stamped "To Dad" using Kaisercraft's "Typewriter Font" clear stamps for a fun whimsical look. 
For a few cents extra, how sweet do these gifts look! :)
 Happy Scrappin'!
Rita

No comments: