Search This Blog

Saturday, November 19, 2011

36 sleeps till Christmas!

Wow... where did the year go?
Over the next couple of weeks I'll be sharing a card or two every day - be sure to check back regularly so you can see what goodies I've been creating! 
These cards will all be from my personal Christmas list (which is a big one!) - Normally I choose 3 or 4 designs and batch my cards, but this year, I have challenged myself to make each card a one- off. 
(crazy hey!).  This year I need to make around 60 cards, so we'll kick things off today - here's the first to cards - using papers from the Doodlebug Designs "Santa's Workshop" collection!
 This first card uses a die cut from the cute cuts page, and then a strip from each side of the "pretty poinsettia" paper.  I added a red rhinestone to the centre of each poinsettia for a little extra bling, and glossied up Santa with some Glossy Accents.  
 For the second card, I used  a thick strip of Teeny Toys paper, and two thin strips of the reverse side of Little Helpers.  I like to use paper as sparingly as I can, so instead of using a full 10x15cm block of the green, I used two strips that I cut to the right size.  
I wrapped a little piece of hot pink organza ribbon around the card, and tied a cute bow, and finished off the card with a topper from the cute cuts page, raised on foam tape squares.  The rubon is from kaisercraft's Christmas Card set of rubons

How are your Christmas preparations coming along?
Happy Scrappin!
Rita

No comments: