Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Tag 6 - Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas

I'll be totally honest with this one... I was really NOT excited about this tag!
There's WAY too many colours for my delicate eyes, the fiesta of colours screamed "cheap mexican restaurant" rather than Christmas.  We both decided to tone down the colours dramatically for our tags!
Here's Tim's tag...  (Image from HERE)
Despite the colouring, it's a pretty cool technique - embossing metal foil, painting, sanding and then embossing with clear embossing powder to give it an enamel finish. 
I loved how ours turned out - we used $2 ornaments from Kmart, coloured with alcohol inks, and then embossed with clear embossing powder to give the enamel effect.  These turned out to be one of my favourites! 
Mine on the left, Michele's on the right. 
I think I'll be revisiting this technique to make my own page embellishments!
x Rita

No comments: