Search This Blog

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Elegant...

Hi Everyone! It's been a bit crazy around my neck of the woods, sorry for neglecting the blog for so long, but I have returned to full time work and am now squeezing all this in in my spare time :)

We recieved this fabulous layout from the super talented Veronica - who knew you could get so much texture by thinking a little bit "outside the box"!
I love how the whole layout pulls together... makes me long for the long hot days of summer! 
This layout uses another Bo Bunny paper – this time Welcome Home Portrait. I fussy cut some swirls from the reverse side and inked the edges. To a white piece of bazzil, I’ve added modge podge and tissue paper, then torn off the excess. When this dried, I spritzed with glimmer mist, swiped a pigment ink over the raised rumpled pieces, then added a little fine glitter while the ink was wet. I used a colour close to the bricks in the photos to add some contrast to the colour of the mist and water in the photos .
I’ve taken a swirly stamp and randomly stamped with archival ink over the page. I used just the stamp – no stamping block, and this helped create the unstructured look. The raised parts of the tissue paper picked up more stamping than the lower parts. Next I added random pieces of Idea-ology tissue tape, collage style around the page to help ‘anchor’ the look of the texture.
To help suggest the home pool, I’ve added a fence cut from Bo Bunny Double Dot Chocolate Vintage. Then I’ve added a Dusty Attic wrought iron chippie and coloured this with two tones of metallic paint. I’ve also used this paint on the Thickers title.
In pulling it all together, I’ve used quite a bit of foam tape to layer, add dimension and raise above the texture of the tissue paper.

No comments: