Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

We've got a gorgeous layout today from one of our very talented Design team members, Ondine!

I always start my projects with a sketch, I just need a plan and to be organised!! I always find great layout sketches on pagemaps.com. I trimmed my photos and matted them onto white card. Using the sketch as a guide, I positioned the photos onto the reverse side of Doodlebug's "kite strings", and then trimmed it down to 17cm x 30.5cm. This entire piece, I then matted onto hot pink card, leaving a 0.5cm border on each long side. I then filled in the spaces between the photos with a mixture of "kite strings" and "fancy florals" papers, matted onto hot pink card. This whole piece was then matted onto a sheet of purple dot cardstock. It is slightly off-centre to add interest.

Next step was positioning the rubon title "Beauty". I used Kaisercraft mini alphas from my personal stash to complete the title wording. I used Glossy Accents on the word Beauty to add some shine and dimension... I think it really makes it POP!!! Again, I filled the space between the title and bottom of the page with a piece of "fancy florals" matted onto hot pink card.

I found a sheet of Doodlebug "Strawberry Parfait" stickers in my stash, and the colours and style worked with my layout. I used the flower stickers, positioning them around the title, and spilling them over onto the base card to add visual interest and make them stand out. I used mounting foam for some of the larger flowers to make them pop off the page. Some of the flowers blended into the papers, so I punched a couple of circles, penned fake stitching and attached the flowers to that to make them stand out! I used a clear Glaze pen over the fake stitching to add a little dimension.

I used the circle journal piece from the Doodlebug Clorwheel cutout page. I added a few more flower stickers and Kindy Glitzed away. My final touch was to go crazy with various coloured Kaisercraft rhinestones as the flower centres!

And that's it! A quick, simple, effective, colourful page layout complete!!!

1 comment:

Veronica said...

I love that colour scheme!